Creativity is not a talent. It is a way of operating. John Cleese has written and lectured on creativity and listed the 5 factors that you can arrange to be more creative:
- Space You need to escape your usual pressures.
- Time You need your space for a specific block of time.
- Time Giving your mind as long as possible to come up with something original, be patient with yourself.
- Confidence Nothing will stop you being creative so effectively as the fear of making a mistake.
- Humor Have fun. Humor gets us from closed mode to the open mind quicker than anything else.